NFPA LIVE FIRE INSTRUCTOR & INSTRUCTOR INCHARGE
April 6 @ 8:00 am - April 8 @ 5:00 pmFree
Molalla Fire District will be hosting a Live Fire Event with an acquired structure on April 8th and has teamed up with Brassroots Training Solutions to offer NFPA Live Fire Instructor & Instructor In Charge course.
This course will incorporate 8 chapters of IFSTA Live Fire Instructor 1st Edition with ResourceOne and two days of hands-on training in the classroom and at the acquired structure.
In this course you will learn about:
- Risk and risk management as it relates to live fire training.
- In depth coverage of NFPA 1403 and apply this knowledge to structural prep.
- We will learn from each other, some best practices for live fire exercises
- Tips to extend your live fire experience and much more.
- You will receive a DPSST NOCC for both Instructor and Instructor In Charge
- You will be invited to the event for Live Fire Instructor Task book sign offs on April 8th.
Instructor: Keith Smith and Byron Wakefield
March 6th: Online course begins and must be completed by April 7th to receive a Notice of Course Completion.
April 6th/7th 0800-1700: In class and Acquired Structure evaluation and prep
April 8th: Live Fire Event (If you participate in the course, you are invited to participate in the live fire event as an interior Instructor, Ignition Officer, and interior Safety. You will be evaluated for task book sign offs. (NOTE: Check with your AHJ for sign off authorization)
Instructor In Charge task books will be reserved for the host department to select. Maximum of four ( if selected, you will be required additional pre-course work.)
Cost: Registration is free, further costs to be determined by Molalla Fire District, not exceeding $200 per student.